Congratulations! You’ve made it an entire month living on your own in college! Now it’s time for Parent’s Weekend. Families from all around the country come to Delaware to visit their kids and experience a fun-filled weekend of college life. From dining halls to dorm rooms, this is the perfect time for parents to get a glimpse into UD life or relive their college glory days. If you’re a student, however, you might be wondering how to entertain your family for an entire weekend. Worry not, CG’s here to help. We’ve come up with a solid list of activities and tips to an awesome weekend with the fam:
- Have them walk a mile in your shoes. Your parents are probably curious about what it’s like to live on campus, so why not give them a chance to find out? Walk them around for a bit, show them your dorm room, or take them to the dining hall. They’d love to be a college student for a day!
- FYI, make sure your room is clean! The last thing you need is to have your parents yelling at you for having a messy room. We know it’s hard to be spotless with a busy schedule, but make sure to take time to clean up your dorm room or apartment before your parents alive. It’ll show them that you’re responsible and productive!
- Grab some UD gear! Be sure to stop by the Five and Dime on Main Street for some one-stop shopping! They have everything from giant flags to pins, so take advantage of special parent’s weekend sales.
- Need a break from the crowds? Take a hike at White Clay. If you’re more the outdoorsy type (and the weather’s nice) why not take your family on a nice hike at one of Delaware’s best state parks? They have some awesome hiking and biking trails that last for miles with gorgeous Let your parents know that you’re all about healthy living! Here’s the link for more info: destateparks.com/FieldsStreams/WhiteClayCreek.
- Tell your parents to arrive as early as possible. Parking will certainly be a hassle, so tell your parents that they’ll be more likely to find a spot if they get to campus early. You don’t want them dealing with too much traffic, either.
- Make your reservation at Caffe Gelato! Slow the busy weekend down and make sure to treat your family to brunch or dinner at Caffe Gelato. And save room for our award-winning house-crafted gelato!
Parent’s Weekend is a busy time for everyone, so be sure to make your reservations as early as possible. Call (302) 533-0201 to reserve your spot. We can’t wait to see you all soon!