Now that Thanksgiving has passed, the holiday season is officially upon us! It’s that time of year again when Main Street will be adorned with Christmas lights and families will be connecting with loved ones for yearly holiday traditions. But besides the usual activities of baking cookies and decorating the tree, you might be wondering what else you and your family can do this holiday season. Fortunately, you won’t have to spend time looking through local calendars and social media to find some activities to enjoy – CG’s created a guide for you! We’ve made a list of some of the best things to do in the local area that’ll entertain your family and won’t break the bank:
- Head to the Winterthur Museum! Looking to see some beautiful gardens and lights? Take a trip to the Winterthur Museum up in the Brandywine Valley. Experience an amazing holiday tour of the du Pont’s mansion, and be sure to let the kids to some hands-on activities in the Galleries.
- See The Nutcracker and get 15% off with CG. Starting this Friday, November 30th, Delaware Dance Company is holding its 35th annual production of The Nutcracker to UD’s Mitchell Hall. This beautifully choreographed show is one you don’t want to miss! If you get hungry before or after the performance, head to Caffe Gelato and receive 15% your meal when you mention that you’re attending DDC’s Nutcracker!
- Go shopping! Now’s the time to get your Christmas shopping done early! Head to the Five and Dime on Main Street to get some great stocking stuffers, or order a Caffe Gelato gift card for a loved one. Gift cards are always the go-to gift!
- Go to Longwood Gardens. Located in Kennett Square, PA just off of I-95 North, this beautiful greenhouse will be all decked out for the holidays from now until January 6th. College kids can get $3 off their tickets with student ID, and Longwood’s lavish decorations will have you snapping pictures for hours!
- Take your kids to the Brandywine Zoo to see Santa. Bring your Christmas lists and head to the Brandywine Zoo in Wilmington on December 8th and 9th to have a breakfast with Santa! Enjoy a nice meal before scouting for some Brandywine zoo animals.
Need a place to eat while out on the town? Don’t forget to stop by Caffe Gelato! Enjoy a lovely dinner out or have us cater your next holiday party. Give us a call at (302) 533-0201 to order catering or make a reservation.