Wedding season is now in full swing! From casual barn celebrations to garden extravaganzas, many couples are tying the knot all across the country. But no matter the size or style of the wedding, planning one can often be overwhelming, especially if you’re doing it on your own. The good news? Caffe Gelato specializes in wedding catering, and we’ve come up with a foolproof guide to help you plan your special day!
While exact planning will vary from person to person, here are some steps to keep in mind to ensure a happy, stress-free celebration:
- Start a wedding folder or binder. This is a great way to stay organized. You can include your guest list, color ideas, possible venues, and everything else you might need.
- Work out your budget. This is absolutely crucial – you want to be sure that you can get your money’s worth while avoiding spending too much. Figure out your family’s contributions and do some quick calculations to get a rough estimate.
- Start the guest list. Get all of the necessary contact information for invites along with RSVPs. This is also essential for working out your budget – if you’re limited, you may need to cut down the guest list.
- Reserve your date and venues. You might already have a full vision of what you want your wedding to look like, or maybe you just know that you want to have it close to home. Either way, it’s good to do some research on different venues to see which type catches your eye. Then you can narrow down the choices.
- Research photographers, bands, florists, and caterers. Good wedding photographers are a must! You also may want to look into what kind of music you want – local bands love to get their name out at weddings. And since Caffe Gelato offers the finest wedding catering in the area, catering will be a snap!
- Book your officiant.
- Throw an engagement party if desired. This is a fun pre-party to have to gear up for the wedding planning activities. Remember to invite these guests to the actual wedding as well!
- Finally, hire a planner. Hiring a wedding planner can certainly ease the stress of planning a wedding, and it help you stay organized and efficient. Wedding planners have loads of experience creating perfect special days!
Caffe Gelato has more than 15 years of experience planning and executing weddings all around the tristate area. We pride ourselves in excellent service, delicious food, and a superb dining experience for all of our guests. If you’re interested in booking a wedding, rehearsal dinner, or bridal shower with us, please call our catering office at (302) 533-0201. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
(Photo Credits: Amber Clay)