Fall is one of the best times of the year. With the changing leaves, comfy sweaters and pumpkin spice, it’s a nice cool break from the summer heat. But let’s not forget the most important part: football games! Teams are gearing up, NFL preseason is in full swing, and the tradition of tailgating has begun! You might be more a casual tailgater – pulled pork sandwiches and a case beer with friends. Or you might go all out with a beef barbeque and a few dozen of your neighbors. Caffe Gelato is here to give you a list of tips and tricks to help you plan the perfect tailgate:
- Prepare as much as possible beforehand. Get a list of who’s going, what food to get, who’s going to drive, etc. The more you prepare in advance, the less stress you’ll be on the day of!
- Find out food preferences for the people you’re inviting. It’s always good to have some vegan or gluten free options for any people who might need it. Happy friends equals a great tailgate!
- Be sure to stay hydrated. Tailgating lasts at least a few hours and you’ll be out in the heat for the early days of the season, so it’s important to make sure you bring enough water. Not just alcohol!
- Keep some great music on. Don’t worry about lugging heavy speakers if you don’t need it – did you know you can actually make your own speakers using two red Solo cups and a paper towel roll?
- Don’t forget trash bags. You’re going to need a lot of these – folding hampers used for college dorm rooms also make great trash bins.
- Show your team pride! You can’t go to a real tailgate without it. Football games are all about cheering on your team and enjoying time with your favorite people. Whether you prefer hats, t-shirts, spray paint or all of the above, you’ve got to show your enthusiasm! In need of some UD gear? Stop by the Five and Dime on Main Street for all of your Fightin’ Blue Hen apparel!
If you don’t feel like cooking, we’ve got you covered. Believe it or not, Caffe Gelato has been catering to UD tailgates for almost 20 years. And we’ve got the perfect food to spice things up – basil pesto chicken sandwiches, pasta salad, and our house-crafted gelato can certainly add some variety to your next tailgate. Give us a call at (302) 533-0201 if you’re interested!