Everyone knows Vincent Van Gogh as the guy who painted “Starry Night” and famously cut off his own ear. But there’s a lot more to Van Gogh’s life and art that made him such a big deal, and I’m here to fill you in on the details. Refresh your art knowledge and dazzle your friends next week at our upcoming Painting Dinner Party! Join us for a lovely four-course meal while sipping wine and painting Van Gogh’s “Starry Night over the Rhone.” Read below for some important Van Gogh 101:
- Vincent Van Gogh was a Dutch artist born in the small village of Zundert, Netherlands.
- After dropping out of secondary school, he worked various jobs across Europe, making small sketches along the way before he became an artist.
- He later traveled around the beautiful Dutch countryside and focused on quaint landscapes and rural workers
- Van Gogh’s famous severed ear was dropped off at a brothel and given as a gift to a maid with medical troubles.
- He made over 2,000 works of art in his lifetime!
- There’s now an entire museum dedicated to him – The Van Gogh Museum located in Amsterdam.
- His most expensive painting is worth over 82 million dollars!
The good news is that now, you can create your own million-dollar painting right at Caffe Gelato next week with you and your friends! You’ll receive step-by-step instructions from a local artist while enjoying our Mediterranean pasta and Sauvignon Blanc. The dinner starts at 6:30pm and reservations are $65 per person. Call (302) 533-0201 to make a reservation or register online at https://caffegelato.net/special_events/painting-dinner-party-3.
Sip back and relax with us!